Creating complex outfits in Daz Studio requires extra levels of knowledge and experience. It isn’t easy to find a “How to” guide on creating good quality long dresses, full length skirts, long sleeved or multi-layered outfits.
This five part tutorial series creates these types of outfits in detail. It shows you in step by step fashion. In addition there’s tuition on creating matching jewellery to boot!
Special Edition : we’ve now included closed captioning/subtitles for all of the tutorials in this bundle!
See a two minute preview of this tutorial set here:-
All five parts are available in this bundle with over 10 hours of tutorials.
Applications used in tutorials: Daz Studio Pro, UV Mapper Pro, UV Mapper Layout, Hexagon, ZBrush, Photoshop.
- In the Beginning there was …, Part 1: Creating the rough shape
- Refining the Shape, Part 1: Refining the outfit shape/dividing separate pieces
- In the Beginning there was …, Part 2: Creating the rough shape of the jewelry
- Refining the Shape, Part 2: Refining the shapes of the jewelry
- Master Secret: A hint on how to build a dummy/low poly outfit template library as a timesaver for future projects
- The usual Suspects: Tris, n-gons and their associated problems
- Material Zones a la Model: What are they and what can they do for you?
- Four modes of mapping: Planar, box, cylindrical and spherical projection as examples for simple UV mapping models in UV Mapper Pro
- Flattening for Winners: How UV Layout can work miracles on distortion free UV maps.
- Master Secret: How material zones can help you with your UV maps
- Rigging Magic: How to rig simple skintight models with a snap
- Rigging Mastery: Smoothing and fixing weightmap issues
- Rigging Acrobatics: Rigging a challenging outfit with extra bones and groups
- Rigging Veteran: How templates can shorten your workflow
- Master Secret: Short introduction to rigging templates and their possibilities
- Adding the Final Touch: How to create FBMs
- A Small Excursion: Talking about Weightmaps, Bones and Groups in DS
- Tame your Bends: Adding JCMs to make your outfit respond to movement realistically
- Joint Morph and Movement: Creating ERC in DS
- Master Secret: How to create a seamless morph over multiple parts in ZBrush
- Doing the Chores: Preparing a model for texturing
- Pixel Nudging and Taming: 2D texturing in an image manipulation application
- Dancing with Pixels: Preparing your 3D model for projection paint texturing
- Smooth and Seamless: Eliminate texture seams in a 3d application vs texture seam hunting in a 2d app
- Master Secret: Basic texturing tips: how to use your own resources to create simple materials or even tiling patterns