Reality 1.0 for DAZ Studio
Your key to hyper-realism within Studio is here. Reality connects Studio to the amazing?LuxRender, giving you access to physically-based materials like volumetric glass, water, metal, fog and much more.
Reality is a plug-in that converts your DAZ Studio scene to LuxRender, the physically-based, un-biased renderer for Mac OS and Windows. With a click of the mouse you can render your scene with Lux, use advanced features like stop and resume, and network rendering. Plus Reality allows you to fine-tune and save your realistic materials, all inside the Reality User Interface.
‘It’s super impressive to see such a smooth and easy connection from D|S to a high end render engine.‘?Stonemason
What’s Included & Features
- Interface between Daz Studio and LuxRender. LuxRender is the physically-based, Open Source renderer developed at http://www.luxrender.net.
- Mac OS and Windows versions available. For Windows, both the 32 and 64 bits versions of the plug-in are available. The 64 bit version of Lux, available both on Mac OS and Window, can be launched by the 32 bit plugin, accessing all the installed memory for rendering.
- Automatic conversion of Studio shaders to LuxRender materials.
- Support for fine-tuning of materials.
- Materials available:
- Glossy, with ‘Skin’ option for SSS simulation.
- Matte Translucent.
- Glass with volumetric dispersion.
- Realistic Metal with presets for Gold, Copper, Silver and Aluminum.
- IOR presets for dozens of materials like gemstones, multiple types of glass, human cornea and more.
- Built-in material preview.
- Turn any .OBJ into a water object.
- Indirect light, caustics, reflective surfaces. All materials based on physics.
- Intuitive light and materials settings that work like the ones found in a photo studio.
- Bump-map and displacement maps supported.
- Sun light, distant lights, spotlights and mesh-based lights.
- Shallow Depth Of Field with one-click setup and camera-like controls.
- Render scenes outside Studio, allowing you to continue work in Studio while rendering.
- Stop and resume any render.
- Multi-processor/hyper-threading ready.
- Network rendering support thanks to LuxRender.
- Built-in UV Map+texture viewer.
- Extensive, clear 40+ page manual in PDF format which includes examples and best practices.
- LuxRender is included with Reality.