The Art of Posing
Do you hate making poses? Do you get frustrated when you’ve worked and worked on a pose but just can’t get it to look ‘right’? If so, this tutorial is for you!. Making good poses is all about learning how to pay attention to things most people don’t consciously notice. This tutorial tells you how to train yourself to do that, and how to apply what you learn from observation to your pose-making. This is a tutorial on general posing. No program-specific instructions are included.
This tutorial tells you how to train yourself to do that, and how to apply what you learn from observation to your pose-making. Some of the topics covered are:
* Learning through people-watching, studying body language, and observing yourself;
* Studying the ‘flow’ of posture and movement;
* The importance of asymmetry in creating convincing poses;
* Using balance and imbalance in creating ‘static’ and ‘action’ poses;
* Posing hands to convey emotion, state of mind, etc.;
* Posing figures with tools and weapons;
* and more.
Note: This is a tutorial on general posing. No program-specific instructions are included. The material in this tutorial is useful in any program that allows you to pose a 3D figure.
This tutorial is in .PDF format, with bookmarks and table of contents.
The Art of Posing (.PDF)
29 Pages, Lavishly Illustrated, in .PDF Format with Bookmarks
Shows You How to Train Yourself to Study People and Their Postures, Movement, Body Language, and Gestures, and Put What You Learn to Use in Creating Realistic, Convincing Poses
Discusses How to See What’s Wrong with a Pose and How to Fix It
Tips on Posing Figures with Hand-Held Props
Tips on Creating Pose Sequences